- what is the best model to use in an optimization-based control for the OmniMorph? The model includes the dynamic equations of motion and the input constraints (Trade-off extensiveness/complexity)
- what is the best objective function to use in order to encompass both tracking ability and energy high-fidelity efficiency coming from actual energy consumption model and measurements?
- how to best tune the many parameters fo the controller?
- will the NMPC able to control the real platform in real time, while being implemented onboard with the computational capabilities available onboard?
- will the NMPC outperform existing Lyapunov-based reactive controller?
The main prerequisites for the student are:
- having passed the Control for UAV class
- expertise in control engineering
- background in mechanical engineering and/or robotics
- independence in analytical and mathematical work
- ability to code simulations in Matlab Simulink or Gazebo
This MSc thesis will take place within the scope of the H2020 Aerial-Core European project.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the project or looking for additional information, please contact
- Davide Bicego [email@example.com]
- with A. Franchi [firstname.lastname@example.org] in CC
When applying, please include
- an updated Curriculum Vitae,
- a presentation letter highlighting your strengths and weaknesses,
- and an updated exam grade list.
: Bicego D, Mazzetto J, Farina M, Carli R, Franchi A. Nonlinear Model Predictive Control with Enhanced Actuator Model for Multi-Rotor Aerial Vehicles with Generic Designs. Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems. 2020;100:1213-1247
: Jacquet M, Franchi A. Motor and Perception Constrained NMPC for Torque-controlled Generic Aerial Vehicles. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters. 2021;6:518-525.
: Tognon M, Franchi A. Omnidirectional Aerial Vehicles with Unidirectional Thrusters: Theory, Optimal Design, and Control. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters. 2018;3(3):2277-2282.
: Hamandi M, Sablé Q, Tognon M, Franchi A. Understanding the Omnidirectional Capability of a Generic Multi-rotor Aerial Vehicle. In 2021 Aerial Robotic Systems Physically Interacting with the Environment (AIRPHARO). Biograd na Moru, Croatia; 2021