Robotics and Mechatronics tracks
This page is for students considering a Robotics and Mechatronics (RAM) track/specialisation.
The RAM track/specialisation is provided as either of the following:
- MSc Systems and Control: Robotics and Mechatronics specialisation
- MSc Electrical Engineering: Robotics and Mechatronics specialisation
Specialisation vs. chair: The specialisation Robotics and Mechatronics bears the same name as the research group/chair Robotics and Mechatronics. These are not the same thing. However, nearly all Robotics and Mechatronics students graduate with the equally-named group.
Difference in course packages
EE-RAM and S&C-RAM have 15 EC of overlapping compulsory courses:
- Perspectives on Engineering Design (2.5 EC)
- Philosophy of Engineering: Ethics (2.5 EC)
- Control System Design for Mechatronics (5 EC)
- Modelling and Simulation (5 EC)
Both have a further 10 EC compulsory courses, for a total of 25 EC. Check the resources list below for complete course list requirements.
(Optional) homologation courses: Homologation courses may be required by the programme mentor to fill in gaps in your background. Modelling and Simulation is a compulsory RAM specialisation course. The compulsory prerequisite for this is Engineering System Dynamics, which can be attended in block 1B as part of Module 6 or in self-study in block 2A. Students starting in February must attend ESD in 2A, and pass it to attend M&S.
Getting your course list approved (important!)
- Fill in the intake form MSc EE or MSc S&C
- Get it approved by the programme mentor of RAM specialization: email@example.com
- Send it to the bureau of educational affairs (BOZ)
- Do this within the first 6 months!
Check the resources below for up to date course list information.
Graduation (thesis) project
- With EE-RAM, you can only graduate with the Robotics and Mechatronics (RAM) chair.
- With S&C-RAM, you have three options (research chairs) for graduation. See the S&C website for details.
For graduating at the RAM chair, see Final projects at RAM.